Measures of Electrical Engineering and New Energy college for the Scholarship Evaluation of International Students
On the purpose of encouraging self-funded international students to study hard and participate in activities actively, as well as cultivating outstanding self-funded international students with good academic performance, good behavior, knowledge of China and love for China, this Measures are formulated on the basis of the rules of Measures of China Three Gorges University for the Scholarship Evaluation of International Students and Measures of China Three Gorges University for the Scholarship Evaluation and encouragement methods, and the actual situation of Electrical Engineering and New Energy College.
Article One Eligible Applicants
The Electrical Engineering and New Energy College international students as mentioned in these Measures refer to those who are the international undergraduate students study in Electrical Engineering and New Energy College.
Article Two Organization for Scholarship Evaluation
The group of scholarship evaluation is including the department leaders, the college international student teaching affairs committee, international administrative staff and class adviser. The group of scholarship evaluation will judge who can get scholarship on time.
Article Three Categories and Amount of Scholarship
1. New student scholarship
College of Electrical Engineering and New Energy will offer the New student scholarship to a part of new students. The new student scholarship only can be used to pay the tuition fee.
2. Academic scholarship: The academic scholarship will be divided into four parts. It is depending on the mark and behavior,
Top-grade Scholarship: 20000 RMB per person, maximum 1 student of the total college international students in each grade each major;
First-grade Scholarship: 15000 RMB per person, maximum 10% of the total electric college international students in each grade;
Second-grade Scholarship: 10000 RMB per person, maximum 20% of the total electric college international students in each grade;
Third-grade Scholarship: 5000 RMB per person, maximum 30% of the total electric college international students in each grade;
3. Outstanding Student Scholarship:
According to the student’s conduct. The group of scholarship evaluation will select outstanding students.
Article Four Academic scholarship Evaluation Criteria
1. The basic rule is the international student must pass all courses (include reexamination). At the same time, international student can not break any rules or laws.
2. The grades range from high to low.
3. Third year students must pass at least HSK-3, fourth year students must pass at least HSK-4.
Article Five Outstanding Student Scholarship Evaluation Criteria
1. Cultural exchanges scholarship: The outstanding students are in some kind of cultural exchanges projects. The scholarship is from 500RMB to 2000RMB. The sum of scholarship will be confirmed by the group of scholarship evaluation.
2. Outstanding student cadre scholarship: The outstanding student cadres are in their jobs. The scholarship is from 500RMB to 2000RMB. The sum of scholarship will be confirmed by the group of scholarship evaluation.
Article Six Students with one of following situations in the academic year are disqualified for Scholarship Evaluation:
1. Students who have been punished for violating Chinese laws or university regulations, or are still in detention.
2. Students who fail to pay tuition fee, accommodation fee or any other fees without proper reasons.
3. Students who have provided any fake documents in the Scholarship Evaluation;
4. Students who have repeated the academic year, or who went up to the current grade on probation;
5. Students who miss the university activity and college activity more than 4 times or come late/leave early 6 times.
6. Students who have harmful behavior or speech which are already been proved.
Article Seven Procedure of Evaluation
In accordance with the principle of "fairness, openness and fairness", the assessment of academic scholarships is usually carried out from September to November every semester. The International Exchange and Education Management Office of the College reviews the transcripts of returned students and submits the results to the group of scholarship evaluation to assess.
The Outstanding Student Scholarships are usually assessed from September to November of each academic year. Applications and related supporting materials are submitted by the international students themselves. After being reviewed by the Office of International Exchange and Education Management of the college, the scholarships will be submitted to the group of scholarship evaluation.
For all the Grade Scholarships and other types of scholarships, College of Electrical Engineering and New Energy have the right to explain and select.
The evaluation results will be announced at the college.
Article Eight The scholarship assessment method will be applied for 2016 Grade international students and some international students who come after 2016 academic year.
Article nine These measures will be explained by the Office of International Exchanges and Education Management in College of Electrical Engineering and New Energy.
College of Electrical Engineering and New Energy